Thursday, July 26, 2007

Task : Del.icio.us

The task at hand is to create a del.icio.us account. Happily, I did that about a year ago - though I often forget to add sites to it. I originally started it as a repository for sites regarding my research on the pop culture references to librarians. I'm completely fascinated by the stereotypes of the people in this profession, but most especially to the image of the vampish, sexy librarian. Just find it totally fascinating. However, given the strange and disturbing sites that often appear while searching for those types of images, I decided it was probably not wise to do that searching at work - even if I did have an academic interest in it!

This post though reminds me of what a useful took del.icio.us is for saving sites though. I think that I'll be sure to use it much more and probably will be adding so much to it that it will be annoying. It'd be fun to add the folks from this project to my networks on there though and take a peek at what it is they are cataloging.

So far, I've added Jewell to my del.icio.us network. So easy because once she added her del.icio.us account to her blog, I just clicked on the "Add" link and she showed right up. Fun! Now I can see what goodies she's got bookmarked. Feel free to add my account to your own network!

1 comment:

Caroline Hopkinson said...

enjoyed your delicious list, esp the well dressed librarian...he's a hoot!