Thursday, July 26, 2007

Catching Up

I've been remiss and haven't been on top of posting anything new on here or completing more tasks for this project. What a wierd couple of weeks at the library...while the rest of the faculty are enjoying summers off, we at the library use the time to work on projects. For the past two weeks I've been working to track down all the books that need to be moved from our New Books shelf into the Main Stacks. It's amazing to me how many items just seem to get lost or go missing. This week was even stranger as the air conditioning went out on Friday afternoon and didn't come back on until Tuesday afternoon. That made for pretty sweltering conditions given that it's July in Savannah! Then my computer was held hostage for a day while CIS (Thank You Mike!!!) fixed some problems and did some upgrades. By the time I had it back, a fiber optic cable was accidentally cut somewhere about a mile up the road and we had no access to the network. Needless to say, it was difficult to get much done.

I am vowing to be more productive the next few days though on the blog.

No comments: