Thursday, August 2, 2007

Task : Web 2.0 Awards

Wow - who knew there were so many cool sites out there. If I'm completely honest, there are times that I've sat in front of the computer completely listless and without any idea of what else there could be out there that I'd be interested in. This list of award-winning sites is a great place to go when you need something new to get excited about. I was happy to see that several sites that I already know and love were on there (Craigslist, LibraryThing, Pandora, Flickr, Threadless, Etsy and more). But it was mostly fun to check out several new sites just for fun.

I was especially drawn in to Yelp for recommendations of businesses in my area, Cocktail Builder to come up with drink recipes to finish off the large bottle of gin in my freezer, and One Sentence to see how creative people can get. Since I'm at work, I didn't even tempt myself by looking at any of the gaming sites. That would definitely be trouble.

No comments: